These precision glass measuring rods have graduations and numbers consisting of vapour-coated hard chrome. One scale each available in metric and inch increments. A white strip serves as a background on one side of the numbers to allow them to be read off more easily. The chrome scales are equipped with two anodised grips on the sides for secure handling. The precision magnifiers (type 2016 with 15x magnification factors and 12 millimetre field of vision) in combination with the two lights. ensure simple, error-free read-off of the scale. The smallest increment on the inch scale is 0.005". The minimum increments on the metric scale are 0.1 millimetre. A further increase in the read-off accuracy is possible with the chrome micro-scale. Here an adapted analogue or digital dial gauge allows measurement of the distance between the one-tenth graduations. This allows precise measurements right down to one one-hundredth of a millimetre. These valuable precision glass measuring rods are delivered in a stable wooden case to protect them from damage. These chrome scale rods are available in lengths of 300, 500, 800, 1000, 1400, 1600 and 2000 millimetres. Special lengths available on request. These glass measuring rods have the advantage that their expansion is minimal when heated. Temperature variations therefore have hardly any effect when using chrome scale rods.
- Upper measuring scale: Pitch = 0.005" labelled (small) 0 .05 .10 ... (inch) labelled (large) 0 1.0 2.0 ... (inch)
- Lower measuring scale: Pitch = 0.1 mm labelled (small) 0 1 2 ... (mm) labelled (large) 0 10 20 ... (mm)
- The graduations and numbers vapour-deposited on the glass body in hard chrome are razor-sharp and absolutely scratch-resistant.
- The graduation mark thickness is 0.010 mm.
- Accuracy of graduation according to DIN 864: ± (0.003 mm + 3L / 1'000'000)
- Example: L = 500 mm, graduation error <= 0.0045 mm (The dimensions refer to 20°C)
- Coefficient of thermal expansion: 9 x 10-6 / °C. Refractive index = 1.5195
- Material = Float glass (selected)
- Scale not averaged / centred on glass body! Multiple use)
- Length of glass body = nominal length in inches x 25.4 mm / inch + 49 mm
- Width of glass body = 39 mm Thickness of glass body = 6 mm
Available in lengths (measuring range of the double scale):
- 300 mm / 12" = total length 353.8 mm (± 1mm)
- 500 mm / 20" = total length 557.0 mm (± 1mm)
- 800 mm / 32" = total length 861.8 mm (± 1mm)
- 1,000 mm / 40" = total length 1,065.0 mm (± 1mm)
- 1,400 mm / 56" = total length 1,471.4 mm (± 1mm)
- 1,600 mm / 64" = total length 1,674.6 mm (± 1mm)
- 2,000 mm / 80" = total length 2,081.0 mm (± 1mm)
Glass measuring rods CS data sheet
1.514 MB, 21.02.2022, PDF
Chrome scale manual
0.133 MB, 18.06.2015, PDF