They all come with hardened and ground 1/2” diameter shanks so that they are adaptable to all machines through the use of collets. It is suggested if it will be used continuously in one machine that it be fitted with its own collets.
The CS Series Centering Microscope have a “Prismatic” centering device where only two screws are needed for especially simple and fast centering to compensate for spindle runout. The prismatic setting on the CS Series has the advantage of not changing the settings of one axis while you are adjusting the other axis, as both settings are entirely independent of each other. Both methods can be quickly mastered. Special instructions come with the units. It is an easy matter to adjust the microscope for perfect centering every time.
Titan Centering Microscopes have an upright image, optically correct from left to right so that the operator sees the workpiece with the microscope the same as without it, Mistakes due to transposing or converting are eliminated.
The Titan Centering Microscopes are designed for job set-up and inspection with vertical milling machines, large jig borers, boring mills, lathes, electrical discharge machines, tape-controlled machines, drill presses. Three Coordinate Measuring Machines.
The CS centering microscopes come in 5 main models:
- CS-10X 10X Magnification
- CS-20X 20X Magnification
- CS-50X 50X Magnification
- CS-100X 100X Magnification
- CS-200X 200X Magnification
CS-10X: The unit is specifically for boring mills, because of its extremely long focal length. It can also be used on vertical milling machines or jig boring machines when a long focal length is required.
CS-20X: A centering microscope that is particularly well suited for use on spark erosion machines and Bridgeport type milling machines and some coordinate measuring machines. It has a larger field of view, longer focal length, and a longer eyepiece tube, allowing the observer easier access to the microscope since the eyepiece tube is nearly horizontal. The prismatic 2-screw centering method for the spindle extension allows for easy and quick setup.
CS-50X: The instrument is specially designed for use on coordinate measuring machines such as "Moore, Sip, Bendix, Boice, Numerex", etc.. It has a wider field of view, greater distance between lines on the crosshairs, higher magnification, and a prismatic centering device for spindle rotation for easy and quick setup.
CS-100X: This model is ideal for extremely close measurements or short working distances. It is ideally suited for coordinate measuring machines or miniature chip measurement, sizing and locating.Readings from .0001" to .00005" are possible. The machine on which these devices are to be used must be absolutely stable and must not vibrate due to the high magnifications.
CS-200X: This model is ideal for extremely close measurements or short working distances. It is ideally suited for coordinate measuring machines or miniature chip measurement, sizing and locating.Readings from .0001" to .00005" are possible. The machine on which these devices are to be used must be absolutely stable and must not vibrate due to the high magnifications.
- CS-10X: 159 mm
- CS-20X: 71 mm
- CS-50X: 12 mm
- CS-100X: 6 mm
- CS-200X: 1.5 mm
Fields of view:
- CS-10X: 18 mm
- CS-20X: 8 mm
- CS-50X: 3.6 mm
- CS-100X: 1.7 mm
- CS-200X: 0.8 mm
Geometry of the graticule in the eyepiece:
- CS-10X: Consists of 90° cross lines and 6 concentric circles of .100", .200", .300", .400", .500", and .600" diameters
- CS-20X: Consists of 90° cross lines and 6 concentric circles of .050", .100", .150", .200", .250" and .300" diameter
- CS-50X: Consists of 90° cross lines and 6 concentric circles of .020", .400", .060", .080", .100" & .120" diameters
- CS-100X: Consists of 90° cross lines and 6 concentric circles of .010", .020", .030", .040", .050" & .060" diameter
- CS-200X: Consists of 90° cross lines and 6 concentric circles of .005", .010", .015", .020", .025" & .030" diameter
Optional available (please inquire):
- Instead of 10x eyepiece, all models are available with a 20x eyepiece (total magnification doubles - field of view halves).
- Eyepieces can be supplied with only one crosshair instead of crosshairs plus concentric circles
- An eyepiece adapter for mounting a USB or HDMI camera is optionally availableVIDEO ADAPTER FOR TITANIUM CENTERING MICROSCOPES:
- All CS series titanium centering microscopes can be easily converted to video. Just remove the eyepiece and use the video adapter instead. These video adapters screw directly into the C-mount of any video camera. The centering microscope can still be centered on the pivot point of a spindle. The only difference is that the image is now displayed on the video monitor screen. This can be especially desirable for large coordinate measuring machines, large jig boring machines, and any machine where it is impossible to look into the eyepiece due to table size or obstructions on the machine.
Operating Instructions Titan Centering Microscopes CS Series